99 FREE SONGS from Deep Elm Records

WELL - HELLO THERE - STEP RIGHT IN BUT, PLEASE, MY MIND YOUR FACE

Music That Will Eat Your Face is designed to introduce you to bands that you may have not heard before because there is no room for them on the airwaves with all that trash that they play. Well - here's your chance to listen to this great music and see or hear for yourself.

And if you like what you see don't be afraid to check these artists out further - which you can do on the right panel. Thanks for dropping by.

Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

We're Not Trying to Beat You...We're Not Trying to Be You...We're Just Showing Our Love for You (1)

You know what I hate? I hate people that bitch about movie remakes and cover songs. What the hell are wrong with these people. They act like these redo(s) - evidently there isn't a plural form of redo - are those little fish that swim up their urethra and take all the fun out of having genitalia. I mean mention one word of somebody remaking somebody else's "art" and they go into all kinds of hissy fits complaining that these folks are raping their childhoods. As if the very existence of the new project will erase any worth - if any - the old material by had just being - well - what it is. It's fucking ridiculous, sorry.

Well - I'm here to honor the cover song and I'm doing it here. My first foray into this is a little gem I found the other day from one of my favorite groups called The Flaming Lips. They aren't alone in this raping of childhood, though. They have accomplices in the form of the band Stardeath and White Dwarfs - who are - in fact - one band despite the "and' up in there.

The song? Borderline by Madonna. And yes, it is the rare song that kicks the original's ass. If you don't like my opinion you can go read another post, blog, or go for a swim - I don't care.



Borderline

The Flaming Lips | MySpace Music Videos

1 comment:

  1. Larry this blog is fucking awesome!  Your music selection is a breath of fresh air compared to the garbage spewing through the speakers of my radio!

    ReplyDelete