99 FREE SONGS from Deep Elm Records

WELL - HELLO THERE - STEP RIGHT IN BUT, PLEASE, MY MIND YOUR FACE

Music That Will Eat Your Face is designed to introduce you to bands that you may have not heard before because there is no room for them on the airwaves with all that trash that they play. Well - here's your chance to listen to this great music and see or hear for yourself.

And if you like what you see don't be afraid to check these artists out further - which you can do on the right panel. Thanks for dropping by.

Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

Welcome - Please - Mind Your Face

Hello, how are you? My name's Larry - what's yours?

So - where to start? Well - hell - I might as well start with music - that's what this blog is about,
right? I'm asking you. *rolls eyes* I'm the one writing this sucker - not you. How are you supposed to know? So - anyway - music. Mother effing music. Got to love it - though - there is a lot to love and even more to hate. This blog here is to bring music to the forefront. And no, not just any old music. Good music. Nay - great music. GREAT music. Music with teeth - music that is hungry. Music that will crawl from out of your closet or from under your beds and render you useless for most everyday functions. Music that will eat your face. What does that mean? No - I'm not psychic. I can tell by the look on your face - I am after all - watching you. By the way - you really need to do something with these bushes - they're kind of itchy and wash your windows while you're at it -they're pretty dirty - I can hardly see you.

Where was I? Oh - yeah - the music...that will eat your face. This is music that will force it's way into your ears and it will do good things - things so good they're bad. The music will dance against your eardrums making all your other senses jealous that they weren't invited to the party. They will become so jealous that they will migrate with a vengeance off of their place on your head and trek across your face to get into those sound catchers of yours. Then the music will lie there in it's hole and wait like the trapdoor spider.




And not just any old music. Great music. Both old and new. And knowing what I do about most people's musical taste whether the music I present is old or new as far as how long it's been in existence - it'll probably be new to you regardless. If it isn't then kudos to you. Perhaps, you can join in this journey to get the bands that deserve to be heard actually heard. Poo poo on all these radio bands like Nickleback and Creed...and whatever. I haven't listened to the radio for years - I don't know what's popular or not anymore.

If you're looking for bands like that - I can't help you there. But if you want to find out about bands that actually try to break the mold and bring things that are interesting to the table this is the place for you.

So - what band will I use to break this site's cherry? Which band will be the champagne bottle smashed against it's helm to set it afloat on the sea of information out there? I'll give you two bands and it makes sense to me that I use these two bands.

The bands are Sonic Youth and Violent Femmes. These are the two bands that after ten or so years having my ears subjected to sorry ass hair bands told me that there is much more to music than guys in make-up that sing about shit I couldn't care less about. Thanks to MTV for many years I thought that hair bands were all that existed and that I was doomed to not liking music forever. My town wasn't very progressive when it came to the music scene. But someway - somehow I found these two bands. And here is a taste. Enjoy.

First of all Sonic Youth. A band from New York that you cannot simply pin down a sound to. They defy categorization. Noise rock and experimental rock will be the closest you can get to describing it - even then description remains elusive. The band members consists of husband and wife lead singers Thurston Moore and Kim Gordon, who also play guitar and bass respectively. Then there is Lee Renaldo who also serves on guitar duty and they all sing, though, most of the time you'll find Thurston and Kim taking over that chore. Rounding them all out is Steve Shelley on drums and Mark Ibold on bass. Yes, that's a lot of instruments but none of them go wasted.



The next group is the Violent Femmes. The Violent Femmes over the years have consisted of singer, guitarist and singer Gordon Gano, bassist Brian Ritchie, and two different drummers, Victor DeLorenzo, who left in 1993 and Guy Hoffman, who holds drumming duties until now. They hail from Milwauke, Wisconsis - home of some of the worst beast, er beer ever.




So - that's it for now - this Asian is taking his ass to his floor mat. I've got some rice tending and a whole lot of nails to manicure on top of the dry cleaning and ninja assassinations. Peace, knuckas.

1 comment: