99 FREE SONGS from Deep Elm Records

WELL - HELLO THERE - STEP RIGHT IN BUT, PLEASE, MY MIND YOUR FACE

Music That Will Eat Your Face is designed to introduce you to bands that you may have not heard before because there is no room for them on the airwaves with all that trash that they play. Well - here's your chance to listen to this great music and see or hear for yourself.

And if you like what you see don't be afraid to check these artists out further - which you can do on the right panel. Thanks for dropping by.

Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

So Long and Farewell - Thanks for the Tunes (2)

When I think about Michigan - however misguided I may be - I don't think post-hardcore music when I think of the music scene up there.  What I think about is country music if I think of it at all - which I don't really.  I mean -  I guess you have Kid Rock and Eminem in Detroit - well - that proves I don't know shit about the Michigan music scene.  But I don't concern myself with those two anyway so it's not like they are on the forefront of my mind.


So - to get back to what I was talking about.

 Once upon a time there was this bad ass band named Bear vs Shark.  They got tired of touring and they quit.  But before they did they put out some of the best post-hardcore music of recent years.  And it's just beautiful - something you wouldn't think to describe any kind of hardcore music with.  Though - I wouldn't say they were the only ones you can assert that adjective to they - in my opinion - fit it more than anybody else.  The music though loud and raucous comes together in fits and starts and jumps and twists but it blends into a beautiful melange that is like rainbows for the ears.  The singer - though - he tends to yell a lot does it right unlike so many people - he know not to go overboard with it and when to scale it back.  Listening to him sing is akin to watching a tennis ball bouncing back and forth from a wall - yelling to melody to yelling - but it works without being grating and it's almost as glorious as the most melodic music you've ever heard.

His lyrics are pure frigging heaven.  They actually make statements without shoving anything down your throat.  Hell - you'll probably learn shit and not even know it listening to them.  It might not even be what they meant by the song but you'll still pick stuff up - it's all very open to interpretation.  I mean even their song "I Fucked Your Dad" isn't a childish juvenile song despite its title.
 
How can you pass a singer by that sings one of the most beautiful lines ever, "This is a poem/ A combination of a sentence broken up to form a rhythm/ You are a poem  little pieces of my senses broken up to form an image".



Well, this isn't that song but after you hear it you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment