99 FREE SONGS from Deep Elm Records

WELL - HELLO THERE - STEP RIGHT IN BUT, PLEASE, MY MIND YOUR FACE

Music That Will Eat Your Face is designed to introduce you to bands that you may have not heard before because there is no room for them on the airwaves with all that trash that they play. Well - here's your chance to listen to this great music and see or hear for yourself.

And if you like what you see don't be afraid to check these artists out further - which you can do on the right panel. Thanks for dropping by.

Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

It's Electric-ish (1)

Fuck. This is addicting. Post one blog and then you're hammering them down. All this after months and months of saying that you're going to start a blog - one day. But I guess I can safely say that this is just me trying to find my ideas and themes. I mean for a monkey to evolve into one of us it had to evolve from somewhere, huh? Creationists be damned.

Well - this here is for - you guessed it. *puts finger on nose, points at you* Electronic music - or electronic-ish music. Either/or. Which is funny because I use to hate any type of music outside of Nine Inch Nails that was anyway near electronic. But that has changed to an extent; I still can't stand techno, you can give that shit to the birds and scare them off or whatever.

Well - I might as well - since I'm keeping with "firsts" themes here; first favorite bands, first group was disappointed in disbanding, etc. I might as well give you something from the first "electronic" band that I fell in love with. Though, I should say "electronic-ish" before some elitist asshole jump down my fingers' throat. Ha! See what I did there.

Any - welcome - to the stage...Radiohead. Yes - Radiohead - who are - by the way - my favorite group ever. This group - man - is to be the embodiment of never do anything twice and true to that they have never released two albums that are remotely the same. You can argue that Amnesiac and Kid A are separate albums and you'd be correct but seeing that they were recorded together I'm counting them as one. Anywho - if you're also saying Radiohead is not an electronic band or even electronic then I say you've missed out on a bunch of songs from the Kid A/Amnesiac era. And even if they aren't to you they are to me and they are what opened my mind to electronic/electronic-ish bands like She Wants Revenge (who are good but on the bottom end of the spectrum of it), Cut City, Death From Above 1979, Les Savy Fav, and El Ten Eleven.

Here it goes:




And just because I love it so much I'm going to put a cover song done by a madman name Jack Conte, who made one of the best covers PERIOD let alone a great Radiohead cover. Here's his rendition of National Anthem.

No comments:

Post a Comment